I'm at home this weekend and this post comes to you from my bed, which I am still lazing around in at 10:24am on a Sunday morning. Nice.
This weekend has been lovely. Last night we went out for dinner here and we tried cocktails from this crazy-exhaustive menu. Today a girls' afternoon tea is on the cards and, as per my request, a giant tray of lasagne to end the weekend.
- An interview with AA Gill in the Evening Standard reveals he'd like to live in Kew. I'm bloody glad he doesn't.
- Notorious for deep-frying lasagne & trying to hide the Type 2 Diabetes she gave herself by cooking things like the aforementioned lasagne and drinking butter, Paula Deen is also a racist. She sounds like a charmer...
- Amazing story about a baby being caught after falling out of a 5 storey window but, as James wisely and cynically suggests, is this some Chinese propaganda after the baby-flushing incident?
- Feminism in schools isn't flourishing as it should be.
- Did you know this is how giraffes slept? Now you do.
- Classical sculptures dressed as hipsters.
- Also, liligers! I love an animal-themed Sunday Bites.
- Did you see Russell Brand on this US morning TV show? He took their attempts to belittle him and turned the argument around to vilify them. And he did it with panache!
- I am rereading my favourite book of all time, and it's just as beautiful second time around. Highly recommended.
- Pensive photos of dogs. Duh.
- Let's eat!
- I already have a vision for these lemon chicken skewers. This vision includes sunshine, barbecues, families, and maybe some wine.
- I have my fingers crossed for a long summer because on a separate occasion, I need to find an excuse to make this watermelon pico de gallo. Just looking at it makes me feel refreshed.
- FOOD SHAPED LIKE ANIMALS. Is that not totally the spirit of this blog? Specifically, American-style sausage rolls.
- Brownies with oatmeal. Because brownies didn't have enough staying power already.
- Yesterday I bought the best denim dress ever. Thought you should all know.
- In the interest of full disclosure, I thought you should know I'm not the sole author of this post and I did receive some help typing it up...