- Stereotyping you by your favourite Monopoly piece: I am such a Top Hat.
- What do you think, are butchers sexy? I'm inclined to agree...
- Things to make now: Baked, espresso-glazed chocolate doughnuts, Miso Citrus Cod en Papillote (but maybe not with cod?), and a rhubarb and ginger spritzer (but with gin, of course). And let's totally get into juicing.
- This outfit, please: Watch, Shoes, Dress, and Necklace.
- A quilted map of London. I can see myself in bed spilling a cup of tea all over Hyde Park and getting crumbs on Oxford Circus.
- Women, you're the worst! Eat a contraceptive yoghurt with your mixed race friends! Don't dare give directions to Jim Belushi!
- Speaking of ladies, here's Megan Fox humbly admitting she is not an ancient Aztec.
- Here's a fun link to old business cards of very famous people. What's your favourite? I'm torn between Lincoln and Houdini. And if this saddened you about your own regular business card, I've some options for you to upgrade: how about a concrete card? Or some cinema tickets?
- Sticking with the idea of cards, how about this for a bad idea? Giving out 'reviewer cards' to people likely to leave restaurant critiques on Trip Advisor so that the chefs and waiting staff know to award preferential treatment. Um... doesn't that defeat the purpose of Trip Advisor?
- Let's talk Beyonce. Goddess. Her performance at Obama's inauguration was amazing, and I don't care if she mimed or not. Plus, here's a compilation of all the New York Times covers featuring Obama on the cover. Cool!
- I love this McDonald's Q&A, which is essentially a lesson on how to avoid answering the question. People send in inflammatory comments about the quality of McDonald's food, and McDonald's lawyers find sneaky ways to write words wholly unrelated to the question at hand. My favourite example:
- Q: Do you put sugar in your McHappy meals?
We do not add sugar to our Happy Meal menu
items. For example, four Chicken McNuggets, whether they are ordered from our
regular menu or as part of a Happy Meal, will have the same nutritional
Hmm. So, sugar in everything; not just McHappy meals!
- Speaking of McDonald's, I finally got my McFlurry on Friday Date Night after our trip to Outsider Tart. And it was everything I could have hoped for. Outsider Tart was okay - they have no liquor license so let us bring in a bottle of wine from Sainsbury's and didn't charge corkage. I got chili with a cheesy grits biscuit and James had a beef brisket sandwich with pumpkin mac'n'cheese. We both agreed the food was goooood but we're just too spoiled by good homecooking and it wasn't any better than that. He did get a pretty awesome cookie-topped brownie, and I got some free gourmet dog treats from Lola from their 'Barkery.'
- And finally, on the topic of Date Nights and keeping the romance alive after four and a half years with trips to McD's, here's a compatibility quiz.
- Accept my deepest apologies for the lack of dog in this post. I'm in London this weekend without the puppy. She'll be back soon, posing with that underbite and doing some important taste testing. Here's a grumpy cat instead. Hi Matilda!: